New Orleans 4ever - Part II

You really have to visit the Oak Alley Plantation while you're in New Orleans or elsewhere Louisiana. The history in Louisiana is very rich and interesting anyway. A lot US people told me, they're a bit jealous of the European history, traditions and culture. Of course you wont find any ancient castles, but there are other things to see. For example an old flagg from the civil war.
How ever, the Oak Alley Plantation is full of old stories. The most impressiv are the over 300 years old oaks. They're different to European Oaks. Oaks were my fave trees anyway, but the trees at Oak Alley are tremendous. By the way, I also fell in love with the bold cypress. Spooky trees.
From the Plantation to the cemeteries. I'm a cemetery maniac, and I could not wait to visit the legendary graves in New Orleans. A lot movies were shot in these cemeteries, for example Ann Rice's 'Interview With A Vampire'.
My people in NO are very against graveyards it took me a lot persuasiveness to visit briefly two of the famous cemeteries. First the oldest cemetery in New Orleans and the St.Louis #3. I highly recommend you to visit as much cemeteries as you can. I bought a huge book, and I'm disappointed I could not visit more of them.

As a musician it was a must be to visit the Jazzfest. Most acts I'd like too see were on different days, but I had the chance to visit the fest on two days. For me Irma Thomas was the most powerful act. I saw Van Morrison for the second time, and I could not see BB King, cause the tent was already full two hours before the gig, and hundreds of people were already around the tent, and it was raining as hell. But lucky me had already the chance to jam with Mr. King years ago, and I saw him a few times live at the Jazzfest in Montreux, Switzerland. After all the Jazzfest, NO was a special experience.

Alltogether, I fell in love with New Orleans. My favourite city to visit. I couldn't live there, but I really hope to visit New Orleans again and again in the future. I met a lot great people, I really felt like home and it is an unforgettable and memorable trip. I also visited the Gulf of Mexico, before all the oil. What a shame! I had not enough time, because of the volcano in Iceland. We had to delay our flight to New Orleans, and we (my aunty and me) had only 10 days time.
Oh and don't forget to visit the Sealife at the Audubon Aquarium in New Orleans. It's fantastic!
Next time I'd really love to visit Memphis and not only it's airport, and Florida too.
I'd love to share all my pictures with you, but I made hundreds of photos.
Check some more pictures out on my art-page.




Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments :